• 1 – 15oz. can chickpeas (garbanzos)
• ⅓ cup of bean liquid
• 3 tablespoons tahini or 2 tbsp. sesame seeds, if using a high performance blender
• 2 or 3 cloves garlic
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• ½ teaspoon cumin
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high performance blender. It’s easier to do it in several smaller batches.
• Once it’s all blended, place it all in a mixing bowl and taste.
• Use your taste buds to determine if you need more lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin or salt.
• Spread on a serving platter and sprinkle paprika or chili powder and a little olive oil over the whole plate.
Prep time: 10 minutes
8 appetizer servings
Recipe by Julie Parsell
Hummus freezes well: transfer to an airtight container and drizzle a little olive oil over the top to lock in moisture. Store the container in the freezer for up to four months, then thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.