Do you desire to get more satisfaction and peace from your everyday life? Do you sometimes feel as if you are stuck in a rut? If so, here is a little exercise to help you back on track. A way to do more of what makes you feel good, so in the meantime (that place that requires work/duty) life is a bit lighter, easier.
First, spend 5-10 minutes in quiet contemplation, mediation, or prayer. This will help clear your mind so you can listen to your heart. Then with paper and pen, begin writing 10 things that light you up. Things that bring joy to your heart and a twinkle in your eye. Do your best to cultivate some of these as you can, no pressure to do so. Just pick one to delight yourself.
Much love to you, may we be lights in this world.
Here is my list, no particular order, because they are all important and available at different times.
- Walking in the woods, making trails
- Creating things to eat and drink in the kitchen
- Studying/learning new things, especially about plants and sacred things
- Music: llistening and making it (piano and drum)
- Sewing (especially for someone whom I love)
- Water: sswimming, walking near it, bathing, sitting on the shoreline, smelling it as it cascades over rocks
- Quiet time – alone time – writing time
- Spending time with my husband and family, especially my grandchildren
- Dancing, oh the joy! Especially spiritual dancing: cconnecting, moving, expressing